A Martha-Worthy Project from Not Martha.com
We only had to schedule this oh, three months in advance, but the girls and I finally got together in early December to make this Christmas craft from a cute blog called NotMartha.org. Since I was little my mom always treasured the homemade gifts we would give her over anything store-bought. At Christmas time my parents’ home is filled with school projects like hand-decorated cookie plates, paper angels and toilet paper ornaments. Since I’m now an adult, if I’m going to present a handmade gift, the bar has to be raised above construction paper and glitter, so I figured these cute, simple fridge magnets would do the trick.
- 1/2″ and 3/4″ round (strong) magnets
- 1/2″ and 3/4″ clear flat glass marbles
- Silicon sealer
- Magazine pages or other paper with the designs of your choice
- Mint tins for packaging the magnets
- Using the silicon sealer, spread glue on the flat site of the marble.
- Center the marble around the image you want to be your magnet
- Press down to ensure there aren’t any air bubbles between the image and the marble
- Cut around the image and trim off any excess paper
- Glue a magnet to the back of the decorate marble
The good thing about scheduling our craft day so far in advance was we had gobs of time to collect cute magazine pages and catalogs to use for the designs. Making these were so simple we were able to multi-task (mimosa-drinking, chatting and snacking) while working on these!