And I’ll Cry if I Want To…
I am 27-years-old today and my eyes flood with tears as I write this, not from feelings of sadness about getting older or regret for wasted time; the tears come because I just feel so blessed.
- I have a loving husband who works hard to make our relationship the best it possibly can be
- I have a supportive family who always has my back, offers up continuous advice and gives the biggest outpouring of love I could ever ask for
- I have younger sisters who through their creativity, hard work and humor make me more proud of them every day
- I have spent 4.5 years in the amazing city of San Francisco where I have seen and experienced the most amazing things – hiking mass rock formations in Yosemite, wine tasting all over California, sunsets over the Pacific Ocean, snowboarding the epic mountains of Lake Tahoe, road tripping down the coast in a VW van and daily “tales of the city” that begin with “You’ll never believe what I just saw…”
- I have mentored an 11-year-old girl for the past year through my local YMCA
- I work at a job which has enabled me to improve my city, wear a hardhat, win some awards and even throw an event featuring Nancy Pelosi
- I have become close with a group of friends here who I can laugh with, confide in and even complain to
- I started this blog!
- I came up with a business concept that I would easily characterize as my “dream job”
- I started taking a business class to help me take the steps to make this dream job, my reality job
I am older, wiser and looking forward to the adventures to come. On the day of my birth, I am reminded that I am so incredibly blessed.