“It tastes just like King of Thai!” Mikesonn comparing the dish to the tasty Thai food dive down the street.
Here is a quick and easy dinner recipe that, with a few tweaks, can be made very low fat and calorie.
- 1 tsp oil (or cooking spray to lighten the recipe)
- 4 scallions, whites and greens separated, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Thai curry paste (red)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 15 oz coconut milk (select light coconut milk to lighten the recipe)
- 2 tsp soy sauce (salt and water or fish sauce can be substituted)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- salt to taste
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil or cooking spray on medium-high. Add scallion whites and curry paste and sauté one minute. Add shrimp and garlic, season with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add coconut milk, soy sauce and mix well. Simmer about 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through, but ensuring not to over cook the shrimp! Remove from heat, mix in scallion greens and cilantro. Serve over rice.